Get Your Site Installed on your Own Hosting
If you are in the Website Creation Workshop or in the WCW Club, building your website using your Student Project, you’ll want to move your Student Project to your own hosting at some point. Sometimes, the process could be intimidating.
If you don’t feel comfortable doing this by yourself, you may want to consider our special service to do it for you. After all, moving a website is something that needs to be done only once in a while… and we understand spending hours just to figure out how to do it can be quite stressful.
Let us take the burden off your back!
Please allow 2 week for us to complete the work (although we often can get it done within a few days). You will not be able to work in your student project during that time.
Please check your email DAILY for any updates or questions from us regarding your site move.
- – You do not need to spend time figuring out how to do this from start to finish.
- – We will make sure the entire Student Project will be moved to your site and functional at its new home.
- – Your Student Project site files and database will be duplicated on your hosting server, and you will be able to access the site just like you are used to.
- – We will check all media files are transferred to your hosting as well. This will ensure you will not lose any files when your Student Project expires.
How This Works
- You will need to point your domain name to your hosting company (set the DNS). That is not included in this service.
- If you already have a site on your domain, please note that anything on your existing WordPress site will be deleted (including images) and replaced with your student project. If you have any statistics or SEO they could potentially be lost.
- Click on the Order Now button below and pay for this service.
- Once we receive your payment, you will be taken to a form to fill in to give us the details needed for us to proceed. Please have the following information ready:
- 1) your Student Project URL
- 2) the URL for your website (ie. the URL you are using for your website. You should already own this URL.)
- 3) your hosting company name
- 4) your cPanel login information for your hosting
- Once we have all the information from you, our team will proceed with moving your Student Project to your hosting.
- Once the move is complete, we’ll send you an email with your new username and password and other important information. Then you’ll have 48 hours to login and check everything to make sure it is correct. After 48 hours, if there is any assistance that you need it is billed hourly at $100 per hour with a minimum 1 hour charge.
Conditions You Need to Know
- – You must use one of our pre-approved hosting companies (see below) and your hosting needs to have a cPanel. If you are not sure, please check with your hosting company.
If you are not using one of the pre-approved hosting companies then we may or may not be able to move it for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the URL to your hosting companies website URL. We can’t promise anything as we may still run into issues and not be able to move it.
- GreenGeeks – https://www.christinasresources.com/greengeeks
- Bluehost – http://www.christinasresources.com/bluehost
- Siteground – http://www.christinasresources.com/siteground
- WPEngine – http://christinasresources.com/wpengine
We will also move a site to one of the below companies.
- Liquid Web
- InMotion Hosting
- Network Solutions
Note that these approved hosting companies have plans that do NOT have a cPanel. You must have a hosting plan that has a cPanel for us to move your site. If you aren’t sure, call your hosting company and ask them.
- – This service applies only to WordPress websites.
- – Your new site needs to be SSL secure (https://). Call your hosting company and ask them for a free SSL certificate.
- – Email setups are not included in this service.
- – IF you are switching hosting companies and have email at your host, that email will be down until you re-set it up on the other host. Email setups are not included in this service.
- – You should NOT have email marketing hooked up to your student project, but if you do it is up to you to reconfigure it. That is not included in this service.
- – As soon as we receive your order, we will start working! Therefore, no refund is given after you place an order.
- – We move sites as is. We do not make changes to them.
- – All backups, maintenance and security on your own hosting is your responsibility.
- – Please allow 2 weeks for us to complete the work (although we often can get it done within a couple of days).
If you have any questions about this, don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
$250 $99 introductory pricing for a limited time